Confirmation Mentor Sheets for April 1, 2020
Question for both
- Who is the first person you remember praying with you?
- What is the first prayer you remember learning?
- What is the first Bible story you remember learning?
- What is your favorite story or verse from the Bible?
- Have you ever read something from the Bible and not understood it? What did you do?
- Describe a time when someone taught you something about God that really made sense to you.
- Describe a time when someone taught you something about God that made no sense at all to you.
- When you have questions about God who do you ask?
- How does your faith shape how you treat other people?
- Do you ever find yourself doing things that don’t reflect what you believe or who you want to be? What do you do?
- What kinds of things do you ask God for when you pray?
- What kinds of things do you thank God for when you pray?
- What kinds of things challenge your faith?
- How do friendships and family relationships affect your faith?
Questions for mentors
- Do you ever participate in Bible studies or prayer groups?
- What kinds of things do you do to feed your faith?
- Have you learned anything more about God since you finished confirmation? Where or how did you learn these things?
- How do you think attending worship affects you? Does it make any difference?
- What is one more question you would like to ask your student?
Questions for students
- Do you think you will want to keep learning more about God after confirmation?
- What are some of your questions about God?
- What kind of difference do you notice in your life if you miss church?
- Why do you think your parents or other adults want you to be in confirmation?
- What is one more question you would like to ask your mentor?